Your project assignment deals with creating an adverisment on a laptop or another portable. It may be in a form of a Glog ( a digital poster that may include pictures, text and video) which will be presented orally during class or a short video that you must shoot together with your partner.
In order to design a Glog, you must create an account and embed different kind of text and multimedia on your digital poster ( such as info about the advertised computer, the picture of it, parameters, and power words to convince the readers to buy it.
In a video advertisementyou must show the product and speak about it in terms of its advantages and quality:
-fluent speaking (make sure that you speak at a normal speed)
-pronunciation (check the pronunciation of the words that you are not sure how to pronounce, have a proper intonation)
-Presentation (make sure that you speak correctly, use relevant vocabulary, and the content is interseting)
Glogs are wonderful tools which help creating vivid presentations where you can embed text, pictures and videos. Your task is to create a Glog on the topics:
1. My family Tree (family members, qualities description, relationships between members, black sheep if any:);
2. My family Traditions (common celebrations, activities, household duties performed together, holydays).
To create your Glog follow the steps below:
a) go to http://www.glogster.com/#cooking and sign up to create an account or log in if you have already created one;
b) go to create a new Glog and choose a template for your Glog;
c)design your Glog embedding text, pictures and video from your computer according to the topic you have chosen;
d) save and preview your Glog after it is ready, copy the embedding code and send it at my email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in the comments section;
e) prepare a speech to present your Glog paying attention to the criteria: pronunciation, fluency, accuracy, choice of vocabulary.
If you have any questions or problems, please write at my email or come to the department at my office hours on Wednesdays from 15.00 to 16.00.
This assignment will give you the opportunity to display your culinary and linguistic abilities and feel genuine chefs!
To perform this assignment you must follow the steps below:
1. Choose a receipe of the dish you will be cooking.
2. Think of the ingredients, dishes and ustensils you are going to use and plan the steps in your cooking process: peel, scrape, wash, cut, chop, add, put, boil, fry, bake, roast, etc.
3. Ask somebody to shoot you while cooking and pay attention to your pronunciation, fluency, accuracy and vocabulary.
4. Send your videos at my email.
Don't forget to put on your aprons. Make it work!!!
My Vocaroo Presentation
Click and find out what Project-Based Learning is.
Click the Vocaroo recording beloow to hear what Project work is
These Dictionary Looking Boxes will help you accomplish your tasks